Notice is hereby given that the Spring Meeting of the Fayson Lakes Association will be held at the Fayson Lakes Clubhouse, 10 Clubhouse Trail, Borough of Kinnelon, County of Morris, State of New Jersey, on Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 10:00 am, for the transaction of any business that may be legally brought before the meeting.
Your 2015 Membership Dues form will be mailed to you at the end of January. Please note that this form has been redesigned. The back of the form contains detailed instructions for each information line appearing on the front of the form. Please read all instructions carefully before filling out the form.
Line Numbers 1-8 below provide a preview of the information that appears on the front side of the 2015 Membership Dues form:
1. FAMILY MEMBERS – You are asked to list the first and last names of every permanent member of your household who will be using Association facilities/property along with their dates of birth. Please list only those family members who live in your house. Guest badges should be purchased for grown children who no longer live with you.
2. MEMBERSHIP DUES – you must specify a membership type from the following options:
- Regular Active Membership Dues: $510.00
- Senior Citizen (65) Membership Dues: $255.00
- Senior Citizen (80) Membership Dues: $0.00
These fees do not include family badges (see line 5).
TO QUALIFY FOR A SENIOR CITIZEN MEMBERSHIP:
- You must be the property owner or the property owner’s married spouse.
- Your birth date must be listed on the form next to your name. To qualify, your 65th or 80th birthday must fall on or before March 1, 2015 (please supply proof of age the first year that you qualify).
- You must be a member in good standing for the previous 5 years.
- You must reside at or utilize the property yourself. If you are renting, full dues must be paid.
3. ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP DUES – If any family members listed on your form are 23 years of age or older as of March 1, they are required to be Associate Members. The fee for an Associate Membership is $30.00. This fee does not include a family badge (see line 5).
4. ANNUAL DAM ASSESSMENT – The annual dam assessment of $245 must be paid by all Fayson property owners.
5. FAMILY BADGES – $2.00 each; required for every family member listed on your form, except children under the age of 6 (age as of March 1).
6. GUEST BADGES – $20.00 each; a maximum of 6 may be purchased (including any Grandchild badges purchased at the office). You may not purchase guest badges if you have not purchased at least one family badge.
7. GUEST FISHING BADGES – $10.00 each; a maximum of 3 may be purchased. A member must accompany a guest when fishing. As specified in our by-laws, “Persons fourteen years of age or older may not fish from the shore or docks” and “Senior Citizens and handicapped persons, who are Association members, may, for a nominal charge, apply to the Board of Trustees for a badge which will permit them to fish from the shoreline of Association properties”. Please contact the office if you require the special badge that allows you to fish from shore.
8. BOAT DECALS – A set of two decals is required for every boat used or stored on Association property. The cost is $3.00/set. Please supply a brief description of each boat for which decals are purchased. IMPORTANT NOTE: Our boat registration procedures have changed. Details follow in this article.
At the bottom of the dues statement, you will see a place to enter your phone number and e-mail address. We would appreciate your supplying the office with your primary phone number and e-mail address so that we can update our membership records.
DUES ARE PAYABLE BY MARCH 1 AS PER OUR BY-LAWS.
BADGES MAY NOT BE PICKED UP AT THE OFFICE; THEY WILL BE MAILED TO YOU.
PAYMENTS RECEIVED AFTER MAY 15 MAY NOT RECEIVE BADGES IN TIME FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.
PLEASE PAY EARLY TO AVOID A DELAY IN RECEIVING YOUR BADGES.
THE OFFICE WILL NOT BE OPEN TO RECEIVE DUES PAYMENTS ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.
If you have any questions on how to fill out your Membership Dues Statement, please contact the office at 973-838-2043.
GRANDCHILD BADGES are available for purchase at the office for grandchildren ages 6-18. The cost is $10.00 each. Grandchildren are considered guests and must be accompanied by a member. A maximum of 6 guest badges may be purchased (including Grandchild badges).
FAYSON LAKES AUTO DECALS are available at the office free of charge.
IMPORTANT – NEW BOAT REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
This year we are revamping our boat registration procedures because our current method of assigning registration numbers is outdated and no longer manageable. Your boat registration number will now correspond to your street address. We will be using the first 3 characters of your street name followed by your street number. For example:
5 Waters Edge will use a boat registration number of “WAT5”.
30 Dogwood Trail will use a boat registration number of “DOG30”.
148 Boonton Avenue will use a boat registration number of “BOO148”.
If you own a Rock Lot, your boat registration number will be based on your home street name and number.
Your boat registration number remains with the property. If you move from one Fayson property to another, your registration number will change to your new address.
- All boats stored on Association property as well as those stored on your own property and used in our lakes must be registered every year.
- To register a boat, provide a description of the boat on your Membership Dues Form and purchase a set of FLA boat decals (2 per set) for each boat that you list. Your FLA boat decals for the current year will be mailed to you along with your badges. Your boat registration number will be written on your decals. Your decals should be placed on both sides of the front of your boat.
- In addition to affixing your current year FLA boat decals to your boat, you must also mark your boat with your registration number (the same number written on your decals). This can be done by stenciling, using adhesive letters and numbers, or by any other means, as long as the registration number is clearly marked on both sides of the front of your boat. DO NOT RELY ON THE FLA BOAT DECALS TO IDENTIFY YOUR BOAT AS THEY ARE OFTEN STOLEN OR TAMPERED WITH.
We understand that changing the numbering system is going to be inconvenient for those of you who have faithfully marked your boats and displayed your decals over the years; but these new procedures will simplify the registration process and help us to better monitor the boats stored on Association property and used in our lakes. We ask your cooperation in adhering to these new procedures. If you have any questions about boat registration, please contact Trustee Cecilia Reidy.
Help Wanted! Positions Open – Lifeguards, Assistant Beach Director and Badge Checker
The position of Assistant Beach Director is a full time salaried position. Requirements include:
Supervision of beach personnel in the absence of Beach Director; Securing of beaches and facilities after completion of summer program; Assist Beach Director in maintaining work schedule for lifeguards; Maintain clean and professional image of self, staff and all beach facilities; Assist in conducting and supervising all lifesaving drills for all lifeguards; Assist in conducting beach activities programs; Enforcement of all posted rules of the Fayson Lakes Association; Must be 21 years of age. Night Supervisor position may also be available for the summer depending upon need- same job description as above.
The position of Main Beach Badge Checker is an hourly position. Requirements include:
Check badges of all people entering main beach; Selling day badges; Punching family guest badges; Recording names of members and guests; Accounting of money at the beginning and end of day; Greeting everyone who enters in a friendly, welcoming manner; Distribute items such as flyers and guest badges that may be asked by the Board or Beach Staff; Keep a watchful eye on the picnic area and inform the Beach Director or Assistant of anything that you may observe.
The positions of Lifeguards are hourly positions. Requirements include:
Maintaining safety of the water and beach areas, enforcing beach rules. Running beach activities and maintaining beach areas. Must be postive role models for children. Must participate in weekly drills/ laps. Proper certifications required. Head Guard position is available as well-responsibilities include: supervising and mentoring guards. Will run weekly drills/ laps.
For Applications for each of these postings please contact Cathy Luisi in the Business Office during business hours- 973.838.2043
To Download Job Descriptions:
Yoga for Beginners at the Fayson Lakes Clubhouse
A six week session that will provide a basic introduction of standing and seated poses, hip and shoulder openers, simple breathing and relaxation exercises. Perfect for those new to Yoga and a good refresher for those with some experience.
February 2nd – March 16th
No Class on February 16th
February 3rd – March 17th
No Class on February 17th
$60 for the six week session. Space is limited and advanced registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ALL FLA Residents,
FLA Fall Earth Day is this Saturday, 11/15 at 9:00 AM.
Your help is needed. We will be cleaning up, removing leaves, and preparing our beautiful common areas for winter. Many hands make light work. Any time and effort you can contribute will make a big difference.
Please meet at Main Beach for coordination of work. Focus areas will be Main Beach, Sabey’s Beach, and Ladybug Park.
No worries if you can’t get there at 9:00 AM, we will be working until about 1:00 PM. BBQ lunch for volunteers will be served at 12:00 PM.